The Óbuda University Kandó Kálmán Faculty of Electrical Engineering Power System department has research related to three topics: Energetics, Renewable Energy Sources and Physics.
The researchers are members of CIGRÉ, IEEE and ISSMGE. Among the results of the performed and ongoing research projects one can mention the followings.
Energetics and Renewable Energy Sources:
- Renewable energy park on the roof
- Sliding current collector of cogwheel train
- Smart metering
- Energy storage on metro carriages
- Development of renewable energy park of ELMU utility
- Wind energy integration
- Measurements on medium voltage network
- PV system developments
- Transformer monitoring
- Energy audit and application of renewables in the building energetics, etc.
- Landfill gas utilization of municipal solid waste landfills in smart grid system with other renewable energy sources
- Interaction between Laser Light and Matter
- Thermodynamics, Grading entropy